Let’s face it – Moving into a new apartment can make one feel a lot like a stranger in a strange land. After all, the neighborhood is strange, the apartment is new and it takes time to customize a new place to feel like your old home did. For this reason, we’ve provided you with some ways to help make your new apartment seem just a comfy, cozy as your old house or apartment did.
- Paint it: If your landlord is okay with you painting your new apartment then by all means do so. Here, you may wish to paint your apartment the same color of your old apartment or you may indeed wish to go in a completely new direction. The more fun you have with this project, the sooner you can make your new apartment seem as comfortable as your old one did.
- Unpack your large furniture items: Unpacking the larger furniture items such as your bed, your dining room table, lamps, etc, will help you begin to lay out your new apartment in a similar style as your old apartment – if you choose to do so.
- Display your pics and sentimental pieces: Items that inspire and remind us of pleasant memories always make us feel like home. This is why many people bring photos and other personal mementos into the work place. Choose your favorite photos and personal items and place them around your new home to give it a warm, lived in look and to give your apartment a personal touch.
- Cultivate a good relationship with your apartment community staff and your neighbors: Part of what makes a home feel like home is having a positive relationship with the people around us. Take the time to introduce yourself with the staff of your apartment complex and with some of your neighbors. Some of the friend you make here may end up being friends for life. At the very least, they may end up helping to make you feel more comfortable in a strange new place.
- Do a security check: You can relieve some of the stress and anxiety of moving into a new place by doing a security check of your doors and windows. If you have any concerns, call your manager immediately to address these issues. He or she will probably be all too happy to address any problems you have as they are protecting their property as well as yours.
The sooner you’re officially moved in, the sooner you can truly start enjoying your new space. Our Calabasas moving and storage company can help by making the move seamless and stress free. We are one of the best moving companies in Los Angeles and we pride ourselves on our customer service.