Perhaps the single most important decision you will make concerning the purchase of your new home is how you will secure it against break-ins. For the decision you make will affect the safety of your family, your possessions and the overall security of the neighborhood. The decision is a difficult one mainly because of the many options there are on the market for complete security systems, motion detecting lights, etc. To help you navigate this morass of available options, here’s our list of things you should consider before buying a home security system.
- Wireless, hardwired or hybrid systems: There are basically three types of home security systems. These types are hardwired, wireless and hybrids. Wired systems cost less than the other two systems but are vulnerable to power outages. They can also be defeated should a burglar snip the telephone and power wires. Wireless systems are vulnerable to power disruptions caused by weather and other kinds of interference. An advantage to these kinds of systems is that users are able to monitor their homes remotely. Finally, hybrid systems have parts that are hardwired but they can still use wireless communication.
- Decide if you will use professional installation or install yourself: The DIY approach to home security can save you a lot of upfront costs but professional installation is usually more reliable.
- Price: Some home security services may seem costly at first glance but the price tag these systems come with should be weighed against the cost of a break-in and the safety of your family. If you can afford some extra bells and whistles added to your system such as fire alarms, carbon monoxide alerts and intruder alerts, you should consider doing so.
- Your choice of provider: Choose a company that has a track record of solid service to their customers and that has been in business for at least 10 years.
- Decide if you want to pay a monthly fee for monitoring: Paying by the month could add up when you factor in false alarms, permits, and fines from the city if your alarm is sounded too frequently.
Finally, remember that you new home will feel more like home when you can have the peace of mind that it is fully protected from break-ins. With a little research, you and your family can have that peace of mind. You will also have peace of mind when you use our Calabasas moving and storage moving company. We will protect the items you place in storage in Agoura Hills as if they were our own. We will also move your items with the same level of care.