Moving can be as exciting as it is stressful and as much fun as it is filled with hard work and concentration. Those factors are a part of every move. However, another thing that all moves share is that there is always the chance of both minor and major injury during the process. Of course, the risk of injury is greater when you are a DIYer than when you choose to use professionals like those at Russell’s Moving and Storage. As one of the best movers in Burbank we take every precaution to ensure the safety of your family, your possessions and our workers. However, since all moves require some moving related activities from our customers, we would like to offer you some pointers on how to keep safe during the big move.
- Make sure the path is clear: Make sure that you have unobstructed pathways between interior doors and rooms, and from outside doors and the moving truck. This helps whether you decide to move on your own or whether you engage professional services.
- Use professionals: Experts like those at Russell’s Moving and Storage will have the physical, technical, and mental preparation, not to mention the tools, to help make your move easier and safer. Weigh the cost of hiring professionals against potentially damaging yourself and/or your possessions.
- Get a good night’s rest before you move: Lifting, packing and unpacking items can be very exhausting. Get a good night’s sleep prior to moving and you will reduce the chance of fatigue which can lead to mistakes.
- Pack a first aid kit with you: Be sure to pack a first aid kit containing items such as aspirin, band-aids, antibiotic cream, etc. Minor injuries are not uncommon during most moves.
- Keep your kids and pets away out of way: Keep your kids and pets as far away from movers as possible to decrease the chance that either they or the movers will be injured.
To conclude, preventing injury takes preparation, the right equipment and common sense. That is why for the best moving and storage in Los Angeles, Russell’s is the choice for many residents. They have come to appreciate our professionalism and full service operation. Our customers have also come to realize that while moving by yourself may appear to save money, those cost must be weighed against the greater possibility of injury and property damage.