Many of us are finding ourselves at home a LOT for obvious reasons. This has led some of us to become a bit stir crazy. It has left others of us to realize how disorganized our homes really are. To help you make productive use of your time at home, here are some of ways to simplify, streamline, and banish clutter throughout your home.
- Start in one place: The task of organizing your home will seem insurmountable if you try to take on too much at one time. Start instead in one area of the home or with one room and then move on to another when you are satisfied with your progress. Use organizational tools such as mason jars, banker’s boxes, etc., to collect and arrange small items that are just lying around.
- Allow plenty of time: Your home probably didn’t fall into disarray overnight. Chances are you won’t be able to organize it in so short of a time either. Schedule a couple of hours a day to work on putting your home back into shape and you will see that it can be done without taking too much time.
- Take advantage of wall space: Wall space is probably the most underutilized space in most homes. Install hooks, shelves, etc to help you use this space efficiently. Next, consider grouping like items together and sorting them by the frequency with which you use them.
- Look for wasted space: Speaking of underutilized space, the area over your doors and underneath your bed are prime examples of spaces where items can be stored. Don’t overlook them simply because they are out of sight.
- Use drawer dividers: Small drawers can accumulate quite a bit of clutter. Utilize the space in them by installing drawer dividers. This will help make it easier to find the items you need when you need them particularly if you have a home office.
- Get rid unwanted items: Organizing your home gives you the perfect opportunity to get shed of unused items such as clothing. You can also donate or sell these items if they can still be used by others.
The advantages of having a well organized home are many. First, they are cleaner. Second, objects are easier to find. Third, a well organized home can help you spend less time doing your chores. Our Pasadena moving company and storage and delivery service in Los Angeles has many tips for new home owners on our site. Look over our site and contact us for a free estimate when you are ready to move.