Most people do not associate the act of moving as one of life’s least stressful events. This is for good reason. Unless you make a plan to deal with the stress of moving it can be a truly fist-clenching chore. Here are 6 tips for coping with stress before, during, and after your move to a new place:
- Hire professional movers: Since lugging around furniture and loading boxes into your car, van or rental truck is one of the most stressful things you can do during a move, we suggest that you hire a moving company like Russell’s Moving and Storage to handle the drudgery. Having movers do all the work takes away so much stress, saves you time and is definitely worth it.
- Purge before you move: Having extra items to deal with can be very stress-inducing. Therefore, we suggest you make a list of the things you wish to sell, donate, junk or place in storage weeks before you move.
- Think of it as a new beginning, not an ending: Life is always about change. Look at your move as an opportunity to explore new areas of town, meet new people and gain access to new job opportunities and some of the stress of moving should automatically begin to dissolve away.
- Give yourself enough time: Start your move early and you will be eliminating one of the biggest stressors when it comes to relocating – time. For example, give yourself enough time to research and select a moving company, set up utilities, clean the home that you’re leaving, etc.
- Get plenty of sleep: It’s easy – although certainly not wise – to put sleep on the back burner when you are busy. However, a good night’s sleep will help you reduce stress on moving day and give you the energy you need as well.
- Get help from your support system: There are times in life when it is definitely a bad idea to try to go it on your own and moving is one of them. If you feel stressed during your move don’t be afraid to ask for help from others.
Whether you like moving or not we all do it at some point in our lives. If you take some of these tips into consideration when you are going through this transition, it will make your life a whole lot easier. Our Westlake Village storage company can help by providing you with moving and designer services in Los Angeles. We also have a climate controlled facility for storing items you will not be taking with you to your new home.