The novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has turned life in these United States, and indeed the entire world, on its head. We are told that social distancing is an effective way to help slow down the spread of this contagion and we fully support that message. However, sometimes moving is something that cannot wait for any number of reasons. Below, we have outlined some tips for how to make your move safer during this crisis.
- Let your mover know right away if you or anyone in your family is experiencing Coronavirus symptoms: Usually personal health conditions are a very private thing. And while we respect the privacy of our customers, this virus affects us all. Full disclosure protects our movers and their loved ones.
- Provide hygiene products for your movers: So that our drivers can protect their health and yours, leave hand sanitizer out and available for them as they transport your possessions. If you are low on your own supplies let us know so that our workers can bring them along for use during the move.
- Don’t use free or recycled moving boxes: It is believed that Coronavirus can live on cardboard for as long as 24 hours. Additionally, cardboard is porous and therefore difficult to disinfect thoroughly. Instead, use plastic storage bins when you can. They are much easier to sanitize and disinfect.
- If you’re in a high-risk group, cancel your move if possible: We are as concerned about the safety of our community as anyone else. Don’t put your life at risk if you are in a group that is particularly vulnerable to COVID19. e.g., people over 60, people with a weakened immune system, etc. Cancel the move and reschedule.
- Wipe down items and boxes before moving: Use disinfectant wipes to clean surfaces of furniture, boxes, and other items before handing them over to our movers. This will help reduce the risk of carrying germs to your new home and it will protect them and their families.
Please stay safe during your move. As movers in Burbank, we will be updating the site with new moving regulations or changes as they happen, so check back if you have additional questions about what to expect. We still provide the best moving and storage in Los Angeles and will do so long after the current crisis passes.