One of the most exciting and stress producing times a family can face is when a recent graduate moves out of his or her dorm and returns home. Fortunately, there are a number of ways college students can save money and be efficient in packing, unpacking, and preparing to move back home.
- Notify your parents: Make sure that your parents know when you will be moving back in so that they can prepare for your arrival. If they cannot be there to help you pack, they will still need to be there to let you in and to make room for your possessions.
- Respect your parents’ house rules: Even if you plan to get a job and help out with the rent/mortgage when you move back in, you will still need to respect the rules of the house. If you have a talk prior to moving in and agree to this and to speak with each other as adults then the return will be much easier.
- De-clutter as you go: Moving is always the perfect time to get rid of things that you no longer need. Take some time before you move to either sell or donate the things you will not be taking back home with you. You might also considering using our relocation company in Los Angeles to store items that you do not wish to sell or donate but that you do wish to keep.
- Pack early and often: You can spare yourself a lot of trouble by packing as early as possible. This way when it is finally time to leave the campus, you will have a less stressful time of it.
- Hire a moving company: The right moving company will also help eliminate some of the stress that comes with moving. We have full service moving in Los Angeles that also includes storage at our secure, climate-controlled facilities.
At Russell’s Moving and Storage, we understand how important it is to get your things where they need to go, on time and in perfect condition. We will make the transition back home easier and less stressful. We also have a climate-controlled storage building for keeping your items safe until you need them delivered. Call your parents first before you move back in then call us to schedule your move!