Even among the most well organized of us moving can be a hectic, hair pulling experience that can often lead to tiny (and huge) errors. The most common of these errors is leaving something behind that you need and meant to take with you. Fortunately, we have helped enough people move into their new homes to share with you our list of items that people commonly forget.
- Keys: Even though keys are a relatively low-tech item in our digital age, they play an indispensable part of our lives. Moreover, they are relatively easy to misplace since many of us commonly leave them in all parts of the home. To make sure that you do not misplace your keys, try to always leave them in one place.
· Medicine: We all know the vital role that medicines play in our lives. However, if you think forgetting to take one dose is serious, think about how grave leaving behind a vital med can be. To help you remember, create a medicine category of its own when you are gathering together your possessions for the move.
- Personal documents: Dental records, medical records, veterinarian, and birth certificates are among some of the most important papers that we own. Yet, many people forget these crucial documents and must scramble to find or replace them when needed. Don’t be one of those people. Consider backing up the physical documents that you can by scanning them onto a flash or portable hard drive.
- Loaned out items: Ever lend a neighbor your lawn mower? Your tools? Your favorite book? Sometimes in the haste of moving we forget that some of our possessions may be outside or away from the home. Don’t forget to collect the items you loaned your neighbors when you move.
- Toilet items: Here we are taking about shower curtains, plungers, towel brushes, etc. Most people don’t give these much thought until they are needed. This is why it is easy to forget these items.
In short, it is very easy to forget items that we need and tasks that must be performed before a move. After all, people who are moving to a new home have a lot of things on their minds. For this we can offer some relief. As one of the best moving companies in Los Angeles we can take away some of the stress by taking care of the major part of your move. This can free your mind and cause you to be less likely to forget the small things. Our relocation company in Los Angeles is professional, courteous and our experience can make your move seamless and less anxiety-filled.