Congratulations! The day has finally come for your big move! The good news is that it will all be over and you will be settled in to your new home soon. The bad news is that the moving process itself can be a hair pulling experience. But it doesn’t have to be that way. We’ve created a shortlist of some things you need to do before you move that can make the process easier and less frustrating.
- Checklist: First, go from room to room in order to begin to compose your list of things to pack. Second, make note of how these items are to be packed and where they will go in your new home. Finally, you will need to begin screening moving companies to ensure that you can find a good one and so that you can give them the notice they need.
- Pack Your Suitcase With Some Personal Essentials: Next, pack several basic items in a suitcase prior to moving. These will be essential items such as toiletries, pajamas, etc., that you can use in case you do not unpack all your possessions immediately. They will also come in handy if you need to stay at a hotel en route to your new home.
- Baby Baggage: If you have a baby with you, then you will need to pack special items such as diapers, wipes, breastfeeding pillow, food and feeding utensils in a separate bag.
- First Box Contents Next, it is a good idea to pack a separate box full of essentials that can be unpacked and used until you’ve settled into your new place. This includes items such as plastic utensils, napkins, cookware, etc. Also remember to include box cutters, scissors and other tools that can help you unpack and assemble your furniture. Finally, don’t forget the little things. Keep your chargers and mobile devices on hand with you at all times.
- Food storage Next, sort your food into two categories – perishable and non-perishable. This will help you priortize which items to consume first and help you decide when and where certain food items will be stored. This will help give you peace of mind during your move.
- Donate or Dispose of Unwanted Items In order to lighten the load on both yourself and our movers, donate your unwanted items to charity or dispose of them before moving into your new home. This will not only save you the trouble of having to pack and transport these items, it will also save you money as fewer things will have to be moved.
- Labeling Moving Boxes Pack your belongings room by room and label them kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, etc. To help do this, try using a color-coding system so that you can distinguish one room’s contents from another. This will help you when unpacking each box’s contents. Also, be careful when packing fragile and expensive items so that they are not damaged during the move. If you have items that need special care when being moved, talk with our friendly movers to see how they can accommodate you.
- Things To Do in New Home Before Settling Down First, change the locks in your new home as the previous residents and their friends and residents may have spare keys. Next, update your new home address on your credit cards, subscription accounts, etc. Finally, check your new home for any leaky plumbing or other utility problems before moving in.
- Hire Professional Movers For a worry-free move, hire a professional moving company. Check the company’s online reviews and seek referrals from friends, neighbors, and colleagues. Finally, get estimates from two or three moving companies before making your selection.
So book your move with Russell’s Moving and Storage and make your move hassle-free and enjoyable. You can experience the best-in-class moving, loading, packing and unpacking services in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Thousand Oaks, and surrounding areas. For more info feel free to visit us at https://russellsmovingandstorage.com/