They are some of the most treasured items we own and as it so happens some of the most fragile as well. Stemware, glassyou finally unpack your glassware items in your new locale? You adopt the philosophy that when it comes to packing these items you can never be too careful. Here are some suggestions for moving these fragile items from one of the best moving companies in Los Angeles.
- Use the right packing supplies: Use medium sized boxes in order to avoid making the boxes too cumbersome to carry. Making boxes too heavy will increase the chances that they will fall. Finally, make sure that boxes carrying delicate items are sturdier than ordinary moving boxes.
- Use a bed of paper when packing dishes: Use crumpled paper and plenty of it as at the base of your sturdy box. Pack approximately 6 inches of paper at the bottom of each box.
- Roll and Tuck: Thoroughly pack stemware in paper by first inserting the paper in an open end of the glass. Afterwards, roll the paper around the glass several times so that none of it is exposed.
- Use white tissue instead of newspaper: Unless you want your delicate items stained with newsprint use tissue instead of newspaper when packing your most delicate stemware.
- Fill empty space with extra packing: The less empty space between your delicate glassware, the less chance there will be of them being bumped around and damaged.
- Label, label, and label: Mark all sides of your glassware, stemware and dishes “fragile”. This will make it easier for these items to get our movers’ attention.
- Wrap items individually: Make sure to pack glassware, stemware and dishes separately so that they do not bump into each other.
In conclusion, stemware, glassware and dishes are some of the most challenging items you will pack. They are also a test for our movers who have experience moving all kinds of items. We move fragile items daily and can give you some peace of mind when you move to a new city. After all, you have enough to worry about when the big moving day finally comes. You should not have to spend your time worrying about whether or not these special items will survive the trip. For full services moving in Los Angeles trust us to know how to handle your most valued possessions.