Moving should be part of a wonderful new adventure into a new home and community. It should not be an occasion when you or someone in your family becomes the victim of an injury. Therefore, if you would like to eliminate worries about your family’s safety as one of the difficulties of moving, we offer the following advice on doing so safely.
- Ask for adequate moving assistance: Our movers are just a phone call or email away. If you have items that are heavy, call our relocation company in Los Angeles. Our movers have experience moving heavy items. This experience protects them from injury and your property from damage. For those items you do wish to move yourself, ask a friend or family member to assist you.
- Use proper lifting techniques: Back injuries are all too common for self movers. This is usually due to improper form when moving. When lifting heavy items, use your legs and not your back. Also, warm up and stretch before you begin to move.
- Don’t lift too much at once: It may take a bit more time but you should take as many trips as necessary when moving multiple items. Trying to carry too much at once is an invitation for injury.
- Keep hallways and pathways clear of obstacles: Create and maintain an unconstrained space since you will need room in which to move. This can be done by staying well organized and keeping pathways and hallways clear of boxes, furnishings, etc.
- Keep the way clear of your kids and pets: Keep small children and pets away from the main hub of your moving efforts. Both can unknowingly create hazards for moving personnel and for other family members. Arrange for a friend or relative to watch your pets and children until the time when you will actually be starting out of the road.
- Use proper packaging: Be sure to pack heavy items in sturdy boxes. Otherwise you may risk a box breaking open and causing injury to yourself and/or your family.
Finally, hiring a team of movers is also worth considering as a way to avoid the stress and potential injury involved in moving. You will find doing so to be surprisingly affordable especially when you consider that doing so may prevent such injuries. We are always here to offer our advice and our guidance when you need one of the best moving companies in Los Angeles.