“Fail to plan, plan to fail” – Winston Churchill
As we’ve already stated on this blog, moving can be one of the most stressful events in life. The main reason for this is because of all the things there are to do and all the things there are that can go wrong. It isn’t just about getting used to a new environment. It is also about managing this very challenging process. Our Thousand Oaks moving and storage company is more than happy to aid you in the process of moving to your new location. However, we find that the easiest moves are made by people who remain well organized during every aspect of this demanding life event. Here are some of our suggestions for lessening the chaos involved in the big move.
- Choose a reliable moving service: Choosing a moving company that is reliable, professional and courteous will save you time and money. Professionals such as the ones we employee at our Beverly Hills moving company are experts in helping to make your move seamless.
- Use a moving checklist: Outline everything that needs to be done during, before and after your move. This will save you aggravation, time and possibly even money. Keep this plan in a binder and include in it things such as your budget, the name of your moving company, receipts, etc.
- Meticulously label all boxes: This will help you keep track of what you move and where it will be placed when you reach your destination. It will also help our movers.
- Pack on a room by room basis: Along with labeling all boxes, packing the contents of each room separately will help you during the process of unpacking.
- Get rid of junk: One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. Throw away or donate as many items as you can before you move. This will eliminate clutter and ease the amount of packing you will have to do when the big day arrives.
- Start early: Pack a few boxes each day so that you will have less work to do on the actual moving day. Also, by packing non-essential items early you may find that you can eliminate items altogether (see above).
In conclusion, by making a plan and following through on that plan you can decrease the confusion involved in the moving process. Making an effective plan will help during all aspects of your move from beginning to end.