At Russell’s Moving and Storage, our job is to make the task of moving easier on our customers. However, customers can also make the process much easier for our movers by doing a few common sense things before they arrive and while they are there. Here are 5 things you can do before the movers arrive to ensure a safe, smooth, and successful moving day:
- Have everything packed before they arrive: Our movers can work much faster and more efficiently when you and your family have done all the boxing, labeling, etc., before they arrive. Not doing so will cost you and our movers’ time. It may also cost you extra fees.
- Make an inventory checklist of everything that you will be moving: In order to keep track of everything you will be moving, you should make a list of the items you will be moving to your new home as well as the condition these items were in prior to the move. This way you will have something to refer to in the event that an item is lost, damaged or even left behind. You may also wish to take photos of expensive items in particular.
- Ask movers for list of items that they cannot transport: There are certain items that moving companies are not allowed to transport due to the law. These items include but are not limited to flammable items, explosives, firearms, etc.
- Prepare a place for movers to park: This item is so simple that many customers overlook it but it is vital that our movers have a place to park that is near your home and that is unobstructed by other vehicles, debris, etc. If it is at all within your power to do so, clear an area large enough for our truck to park near your home.
- Hire a babysitter for small children: Small children often like to help their parents when they are performing any number of tasks. However, they can also get in the way during a moving. Indeed, small children can even increase the chance that an accident will occur while your belongings are being transported. Therefore, we suggest that you hire a babysitter on moving day.
We have many more tips on our site that will make moving day not only hassle-free but enjoyable as well. Our Pasadena moving company has storage and delivery service in Los Angeles that is equal to none. Contact us now for a free quote or to ask any questions you may have.