Do you have a valuable wine collection that you are hoping to transport to your new home? As well established, movers in Burbank, our team is very familiar with the many precautions that you will want to take before uprooting your precious bottles. The first step will be to decide which bottles are worth packing up and taking with you and which bottles you should enjoy before the big move. If you have truly valuable bottles, taking a complete inventory list might not be a bad idea. Once you have decided which bottles will be making the journey with you, follow the steps below to ensure they arrive safely.
- Wrap Individually: Make sure to individually wrap each bottle so that they do not hit each other and cause one another to break.
- Wine Specialty Boxes: Wine specialty boxes exist in a variety of materials. You will want to consider the length and complexity of your move when determining how sturdy of a box you want to purchase. The more sturdy the material, the more expensive the material is. However, cardboard casing exists at an affordable rate and should be sufficient for most moves.
- Pack on Sides: Make sure you pack all of your wines on their sides as this helps to keep the corks wet. Keeping the cork wet helps to prevent oxidation and spoilage.
- Avoid Opening: Avoid opening any of your recently transported bottles for at least 7 days. Transportations of almost any kind can cause bottle shock and the wine will lose its flavor.
- Open Bottles: Open bottles cannot be transported and should be enjoyed prior to your move.
If you need assistance with experienced movers in Burbank, the Russell’s team is here to support you every step of the way. We look forward to helping make your move as easy as possible.