If you have many possessions but not enough space to store them in your new location, chances are you’ve considered using a storage facility. However, in some cases, the precious items that you still care about can be placed at risk if you fail to rent a climate-controlled unit. Climate control helps to protect your possessions until you reclaim them. Here are some benefits of climate controlled storage. Hopefully, this information will help you make the right decision for your storage needs.
- Protects your belongings from temperature extremes: Extreme temperatures can greatly damage a large variety of furniture and even clothing. This is particularly true in the South and West regions of the U.S.. Daytime temperatures in California, for example, can reach scorching highs during the summer. Climate controlled facilities keep your belongings at an ideal temperature 24/7/365.
- Climate controlled facilities have superior air quality: Standard storage units cannot protect your belongings from poor air outside that may contain micro particles that can damage your property such as dust, soot, germs, etc. Climate controlled facilities circulate air on a constant basis keeping it clean free of such contaminants.
- Climate controlled facilities have better humidity controls: The change of seasons can bring with it some drastic change in humidity levels. Excessive humidity can damage a great number of items from clothing to furniture. Climate controlled facilities monitor and control humidity so that it does not do damage to your items some of which may be irreplaceable.
- Climate controlled facilities protect items stored for the long term: If you need to store your belongings for several months, a year, or longer, then chances are that the temperature outside is going to change. Climate controlled facilities protect those items that will be stored indefinitely.
Items That Require Climate Controlled Storage
Nearly all items placed in storage can benefit from climate control, but some truly need it to remain protected. Here are a few such items.
- Furniture (anything made of or containing wood, metal, wicker, leather, or upholstery)
- Media (DVDs, videos, vinyl records, etc.)
- Clothing, particularly if it’s lace or leather
- Important documents
- Musical instruments
- Collectibles (stamps, coins, comic books, etc.)
We hope this information will help you make the best decision when it comes to storing your belongings. Our massive, storage controlled facility can safely house your most precious belongings in an environment that is always pleasant. Our Calabasas moving and storage also has designer moving services as one the top relocation company in Los Angeles.