If you are planning to put your house on the market soon, you will naturally want to sell your home as quickly as possible and get the asking price you desire. This is where home staging comes into the picture. Home staging involves preparing your home in a manner that highlights its most impressive assets with the goal of speedily attractive interested buyers. Here, we will help you set the stage for success with seven home staging tips that can help your home sell faster and for more money.
- De-clutter: This is one of the most important first steps to staging your home successfully. Make a rule that everyday something old and that you no longer want has to go. This will involve taking a hard look at what you have and being honest with yourself about what you can live without.
- Create a virtual tour of your home: This is especially important in the age of COVID19 as many homebuyers are using virtual services to view homes. You can do this by using any of several sites online.
- Stage where it counts: According to the National Association of Realtors, the rooms that hold the most importance for buyers are the living room, master bedroom, and kitchen. Thus, you want to make sure that these rooms stand out above all else.
- Clean everything: Clean every inch of your home prior to setting it up to be viewed by potential buyers. This includes the baseboards, ceiling, floors, the exterior of your home, etc. A clean home suggests to potential buyers that you took good care of your home. For this, you may wish to consider hiring professionals.
- Increase the lighting: Of course, people are unlikely to buy what they cannot see. Thus, you should make sure that your home is properly lit before staging it. For this, try increasing the wattage of your lamps and fixtures. Also, make sure you have three types of lighting: ambient, task and accent.
- Include at least one photo of a pet: When it comes to advertising cuteness sells. If the picture of your pet is adorable enough it may even catch fire on social media.
- Don’t neglect your floors: If you have carpeting then deep clean it. If you have hardwood floors clean and wax them. (If your hardwood floors are bad off you should consider having them refinished.)
At the end of the day, home staging does not have to be complicated nor does it have to cost a lot of money. It just takes making smart decisions. One smart decision you can make when you are ready to move is to hire our relocation company in Los Angeles. Our Beverly Hills moving and storage company is always ready to make your move easy and seamless.