With so many brokerages and agents out there the process of selling or buying a home is more challenging than it has ever been. Adding to this abundance of choices is that fact that the real estate market has become increasingly complicated these days. Technology makes it so and any decision to buy or sell a home must start with someone who is knowledgeable and is able to leverage his/her experience with a firm grasp on social media, marketing etc. Thus, in order to help you chose which real estate agent to use we have provided you with these tips.
- Look up the agent’s license: Potential home sellers and buyers can easily check their state’s real estate board to find out information on agents such as whether their license is valid and whether or not they have been the subject of some disciplinary action in the past. Also, even when you do confirm that an agent is qualified, you should still check to see if there are any bad reviews from past clients about the agent.
- Check to see if they are tech-savvy: As we said, technology plays a huge role in today’s real estate market. Agents who are “plugged-in” and have a social media presence are going to provide you with much greater value than those who are not.
- People skills: Real estate agents must be able to forge relationships with buyers and sellers in order to be successful. This means that an agent should be friendly, polite and enjoy interacting with others.
- Market knowledge: Personality is one thing but without an intimate knowledge of the real estate market in your area, an agent will simply be ineffective in finding or selling homes. Moreover, an effective agent should be able to communicate this knowledge to you in a way that aids you in your efforts.
- Ask how many clients they have: This will give you an idea of how much time they can spend with you in your search for a buyer or seller. Additionally, make sure that the agent can be reached easily if you need him/her and if they cannot be that they have equally qualified surrogates who can help you.
In short, take the time to select the right agent. It can take some effort but the extra work you put into your search can mean the difference between quickly selling or buying a home and waiting forever to do so. Choosing the right agent can also end up saving you money that you can later invest in your new home. With our full service moving in Los Angeles, we can also save you time and effort. We have the best moving and storage in Los Angeles and value the time and effort you put into relocating.