Every time a person moves from one home to another he or she faces a test of organization and persistence. This is because there are so many things to do and to keep track of that it is little wonder that anyone ever pulls off a successful relocation – but they do. This proves that it is possible to move from the location with the right planning and forethought. To help you better prepare your move, we’ve created the ultimate checklist for people who are about to relocate.
- Have the utilities in your new home turned on: You do not want to move into your new home only to find out that the electricity, phone and gas are not set up yet. How depressing would that be?
- Take the final meter readings and phone them in: You want to make sure that you have accurate readings of your utilities before you leave and that you turn off all appliances. (You don’t want to be hit with any unexpected bills from your old place once you have settled into your new home.)
- Inform your bank, mobile phone and other service providers of your new address: Be careful with this one. Not alerting companies who regularly bill you could lead to problems with your accounts.
- Contact regular contractors: Make sure that your gardener, maid service and other providers know about your move.
- Have your mail redirected: Not having your mail redirected can cause you to lose valuable correspondence and may breach your privacy as people at your old address will have access to your mail.
- Check the furniture you’ve left behind: If you do leave furniture, make sure that you have checked to make sure that you have not left anything underneath, in, behind or on top of it.
- Pack all manuals: You may need them to reassemble furniture or electronics.
Once you have taken care of everything, you will be able to move on to your new house knowing that you’re able to continue your life without fear of disruption, identity theft or the need to bother the residents of your old home. In short, you’ll also be able to relax and enjoy the move itself. Our Westlake Village moving company can help you with your move and can give you additional tips that will make the transition to your new home and lifestyle a breeze. We offer the best moving and storage Los Angeles.