Of all the items that you will pack and take with you on your move electronics are among the most valued and fragile. One mistake in packing them can lead to a damaged item that may be beyond repair. That is why special care must be taken when moving items such as computers, tablets, video game systems, stereo equipment and televisions, etc. Experts at our Calabasas moving and storage company understand your concern over the treatment of your electronics and take every precaution to make sure that they are not damaged in transport. However, you too can take steps to protect your electronics as you are packing them. Here are a few of our suggestions.
- Follow the product manual: More than likely your electronic devices included packing instructions when you purchased them. When you are ready to move, consult this material and follow all directions in order to protect your valuable electronics.
- Back up all of your files: Save all your important photos and files before you begin packing your computer equipment. Back this data up on flash drives, portable drive or on cloud-based services. Data may be erased while you are in the process of moving.
- Gather the right packing materials: Gather together sturdy boxes that are larger than the electronics devices you plan to pack. Ideally, you will want to use the original packaging that came with your device if you still have it. Then, be sure to pack your materials with enough cushioning to avoid scratches and other damage.
- Use color stickers for cords: When you are ready to reassemble your electronics you may have trouble remembering where certain cords connect to each device. To avoid this difficultly, place small colored stickers on each cord and the same color cord on each device. This will make reassembly a breeze.
- Pay special attention to fragile electronic elements: We are referring specifically to your TV, computer monitors, etc. Use copious amounts of cardboard, bubble wrap and even blankets when packing these kinds of items as they are subject to cracks and scratches.
To summarize, packing electronic devices for transport is all about preparation and some common sense. Our storage and delivery service in Los Angeles understands the investment you have made in your electronic devices. We know that they entertain, help us with our work and help us to communicate with others. Therefore, we are sure that you will consider our advice when you are ready to move.